It’s really hard to believe there is only one week left in this beautiful month. Ya know, there is such a newness that comes with the month of January. Almost like a clean slate feeling. It’s a feeling that comes every August/September for me…a feeling of change and new. I guess it’s only fitting that such a feeling comes both at the beginning of a new year and the middle of that same year, almost like a refresher.
This month has been amazing. It started with a visit from the one and only Lacey Beth Gebhart aka my Breath. And has continued to be full. I think for 2013 that may be my one little word: Full. Not only do I want to be a woman full of grace, love and peace but I want my life to be full of adventure, community and creativity. I’ll write more about this concept of one little word later. For now, I want to dig into some small moments that have made up the last few weeks for me. Please hang tight as this may be a longer post bc I’m covering 2 specific weeks of goodness.
1. January has been a beautiful month, for the most part, except for the days of gloom and rain. On this day, though it was cold, it was beautiful. It was one of those days that got me excited for spring.
2. I was in the market for some notebooks for a bible study I’m going to begin in February (which I’m VERY excited to tell you all about soon) and when I was at Target, I couldn’t resist these fabulous confetti inspired notebooks. $3 for the whole lot. Worth it.
3. As I mentioned last night, my internship has been moved to the summer, but I have complete peace about it. I got to meet with the woman who will essentially be my supervisor and talk about what our time together will look like. They are going through some various changes which is one reason I will be working with them this summer, but one of those changes is that this now becomes a paid internship. That folks, is Jesus. I can’t explain what a blessing that is and this also means that I will be able to take a very important photo class this semester that I hated to drop. I’m very excited and it gives me something incredible to look forward to!
4. My pics are a little out of order in the grid, but I went to Arkansas on Thursday of this week and got to eat at one of my FAVORITE restaurants in all the land: Rolandos. If you ever visit Hot Springs, AR, GO THERE!!
5. While walking downtown from the Nat Geo head quarters to my Weight Watchers meeting, I saw where someone had taken advantage of wet cement and scribbled a little hello. I had to stop and say hello right back…it would’ve been rude not to.
6. I’m usually exclusively a user a Burt’s Bees. No other chap stick does it for me. But my roomie introduced me to this: Baby Lips. It’s fabulous. I also don’t really dig tinted chap stick but this stuff is great. Just a spunk of color and your lips are super soft..like babies.
7. Just wanted to show a little packaging. I love packaging. Maybe one day I’ll just get to do that all the time.
8. Yes, the Biebs is what brought me to Arkansas originally. Yes, the decibel of noise reached a new high. Yes, it reminded me of being 14 at a Backstreet Boy concert. And yes, I sang along to every song. It was a blast. And imagine our surprise when we got to our seats and saw we were THAT CLOSE. Yep…it was phenomenal.
9. I love flying. The end. Just kidding, not the end. Look at the vastness. THAT is just incredible.
The rest of my time in Arkansas was all about seeing people I absolutely love. Seriously, Arkansas is such a lucky state because so many unbelievable human beings call it home. I can’t even begin to describe what this week was like with these people. I don’t know the last time I had such a continuous flow of truth in my life. It made me long for friends like that here in DC. I left encouraged, blessed, prayed for and yes, full. Full of love for each and every single person you see above. Full of blessings. Full of promises from my God. Full of reminders of my worth.
There are even people not pictured above that I got to see that made this weekend amazing, like Kristen’s husband Jarod who spoke truth over me and had me in tears. And Mrs. Stephanie, a beautiful woman of God who discipled me through college and continues to tap into the cracks in my heart and pour love. Then there are the people that were in this state that I didn’t get to see. And well, those are too many to name. I had no idea when I packed up my Louisiana-ness and headed north, one state up to Arkansas when I was 18 that I would leave 6 years later with such amazing people in my life. It is mind boggling now to think that when I moved to Arkansas, I knew NONE of these people.
Isn’t that crazy? But yet, here I sit, heart of full of love and gratitude and friendships that will carry throughout my life.
Do you have people in your life who lift you up, inspire you, speak truth over you? Tell them. And if you have people in your life who weigh you down, burden you and create a restless spirit in you? Let them go. Life is too short to be weighed down by individuals who do not recognize your worth. Who do not know how absolutely precious you are. Take a long gasp of courage, and gently breathe them out.
More catch ups to come soon!!