I hate that I am so far into this week and still haven’t reviewed my photos from last week with y’all. Believe me, it was a full one folks!! Do you ever have weeks or days where you’re just like “If I can just get through _____________ <– insert big assignment, test, long day at work..whatever, then I can be home free.” That’s how it was last week. I had so much to do on Thursday for class and had just kind of let it pile way too high for my liking..I knew that if I could just make it to Thursday night around 11:00, all my stuff would be turned in and I could breathe easy and look forward to the fun I had planned for the next day. And guess what…I made it!
After Thursday, I now have 3 very large, albeit tangible and manageable final projects due in the next 3 weeks…not too mention several small assignments sprinkled throughout that and lots of reading. I feel like Thomas the train: “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can”. I just have to push through. But I have confidence in my God to be my strength. And semi-confidence in myself to balance it all. You should see my mirror right now: there is a list a mile long of things to do before I am able to step on that plane home on Dec. 19th. It’s going to be here before I know it.
For now, I am having an AMAZING time with my Mawmaw and aunt Mo. Plenty of pictures will come this weekend. But for now, I present the happenings of life last week : )
1. One of our assignments for my video class was a time-lapse video. Which was so fun but EXTREMELY time consuming. But its ok because I got to hang out in some pretty cool places getting my footage. One such place was the Jefferson Memorial. I decided to include my time-lapse below:<p><a href=”http://vimeo.com/53605969″>Untitled</a> from <a href=”http://vimeo.com/user7252516″>Jordan kennedy</a> on <a href=”http://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
It’s just my first try. I hope to do a lot more because it’s just very fun. If you can make it through the first 20 seconds, I promise it gets more exciting.
2. When I was leaving the memorial, which I staked out through sunset, I just couldn’t help but have my breath stolen a bit at this site. This is truly a beautiful city.
3. My friend Katie and I, along with a brief visit from my friend Kaitlynn, made it to the annual Crafty Bastards holiday craft show. What a hoot that was. We had so much fun and I walked away with some pretty cool Christmas gifts. That’s the thing about this city…there is ALWAYS something going on. I’ve added to my bucket list to have a booth in this craft show next year. Life’s too short not to dream big, right?
4. Last week was also super crazy because it was Fotoweek DC which meant there were tons of lectures and gallery openings and seminars on photography all over the city. Way cool. I love seeing how people are making their visions reality. Its a very challenging yet humbling community to be a part of. Who knows, maybe I will have some photography displayed there one day. I got to attend some amazing seminars by some big name photographers which was incredibly inspiring. And the photographer at large at Blurb gave a day long workshop. If you ever need to make a photo book for anything, I HIGHLY recommend Blurb. Amazing company.
5. I received this gem this week. A classmate graciously let me borrow hers last week for a photo shoot and I loved it. I’m pretty excited about having one of my own now.
6. As you all know, j’adore mail. One of my favorite sweet baby angels, Calvin, sent me the most PRECIOUS care package this week. I cried when I read his letter. And get to represent Texas in a new way now thanks to my super fabulous UT mug and snowman. Adore him.
7. Those beautiful leaves that I love so much are coming off the trees in droves. Enjoying their color before its all gone. I have a feeling its going to be a crazy cold winter that is a bit void of color and full of bleakness. Thankfully my motto tends to be “Life is too short not to wear color” so I’ll make sure to remain as colorful as I can in bleakness.
8. and 9. These two kind of go together, because they’re part of the same evening. I had some of the most delicious sushi ever on Friday night. It was in this little hole in the wall place that sits like 15 people. So scrumptious and if you ever come to visit me and like sushi, we will DEFINITELY go there. I also received a gift this evening. These fabulous pink wool socks from J. Crew. I was ridiculously blessed by this gesture and let me tell you…they keep my feet super warm.
I would love to share a couple of other photos from the week:
**love this girl and HATE that she is so far away from me. So thankful for FaceTime and pray for the day we get to be in the same place again.
**Along the Potomac River in Georgetown, they have decorated lots of trees with Christmas lights and I just have to say…it looks like a magical land.
I hope you all have an incredible week full of all things you’re thankful for. Be blessed sweet friends!