Another crazy week. Some ups. Some downs. But here I am, on the other side of it and I am thankful. Thankful to be here. Thankful I made it through. Thankful for opportunity. Thankful to be standing. And kneeling all at the same time. Here are some clips from this past week:
1. All of my classes are at the Georgetown campus and though it is a small campus, I just love this entrance sign.
2. I found my way to an incredible market last Sunday which was just full of photo ops. The day before they reopened Union Market after 20 or 30 years (I have photos and a post to come soon with more details) and are trying to revive what used to be a thriving market in the city. Inside, I found an incredible organic produce stand and walked away with these goodies for just $2.
3. I originally ventured over to this market for DC Scoops, an annual ice cream contest. After taste testing 3 of the plethora of choices, I took a little detour until the ice cream eating contest later in the afternoon. Not a shabby detour if you ask me.
4. A classmate invited us all over for a night of wine tasting and to learn how to pair certain wines with the proper foods. His wife cooked some of the most delicious side dishes ever that complimented the drinks so well. In between conversations and new tastings, my classmate Oliver crafted this little fella.
5. I’m trying to get into the habit of making my bed before I leave every morning. (aren’t you proud mom?) I’d say this happens at least 5/7 days a week. So I usually throw my teddy on top of my pillows as I’m straightening the covers (Don’t judge. 25 year olds need their security sometimes). As I did so this morning, it just plopped over. I couldn’t help but take a picture and say “Yep, isn’t that the truth.”…because let’s be honest…that’s what I want to do every morning..just plop right over.
6. I knew it was too good to be true to be able to get to work in 15 minutes. I had either been hitting it just before or after the crazy during the past few weeks but during this week, I ran into this several times. Yep, those 6 miles took me a solid hour. Welcome to the traffic in our nation’s capital.
7. Cooler weather=jeans and cute flats. I also got those flats around this time last year when I was in New Mexico to celebrate the birth of my breath, Lacey Beth Gebhart. So it all ties in really.
8. I also did this this week. It was an awful start to my morning. Poor Jamima..now she has racing stripes. It’s just going to have to add character for now.
9. I wanted to end with this. I found this online and was instantly drawn to it. Quite honestly, it just makes me want to cry. There is just something about this little owl that makes my heart scream “Yes!! That’s a perfect illustration of how I feel all the time!!” It’s like I’m that owl. And I just have to clutch my fist tight around my weapons and repeat over and over “Be brave. Be brave. Be brave.” as I walk through my day to day. Through my fears and insecurities and short comings. Through my humility and learnings and inspirations. Be brave, Jordan. Be brave. I thought I would share a close up and the link where this precious print can be purchased:
You can purchase this print here in case you need a reminder too.
I was fortunate enough to be able to switch my Saturday shift for a Sunday shift so that I can attend this festival to take some pictures. I also plan to visit Eastern Market because from what I hear, there is a Letterpress man with a fantastic collection of type. Sounds like the perfect way to spend my Saturday morning if you ask me.
Blessings on your weekend folks.
Fall is on its way : )